Important Things to Know:
With motorcycle and car accidents, insurance companies will try to blame you, either in whole or in part. Regardless of what you did or did not do, insurance companies try to get themselves off the hook so that they don’t have to pay for your injuries and medical bills. The insurance company for the person who caused the accident will try to settle your case for less than full compensation. What you think is fair is often very different from what an insurance company thinks. Because these are rarely the same, insurance companies try to trick you into settling for much less than you deserve. Sometimes, even what appears to be a “simple” auto accident is not always so simple. The person who caused the accident may not be insured at all, or they may not have adequate insurance. You may have to file an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim in these situations. Additionally, there may be multiple parties at fault, or multiple parties wanting compensation. Your injuries may even be related to a pre-existing condition. This list of possibilities goes on and one, which is why you should hire a car accident lawyer to help you sort through it.
Important Things To Do:
- Collect the names and addresses of all witnesses.
- Contact and inform your insurance company of the accident on the same day it occurred. Make sure that you do not give them any kind of statement or allow them to record one, as they may become a potential defendant, especially in cases involving underinsured or uninsured motorists.
- If you are injured, or even suspect minor injuries, seek medical care immediately. Make sure you receive a full evaluation and discuss with your medical care provider all areas which are affected, even if they seem minor. With time, some injuries may become serious, even if they don’t seem so at first.
- Use a camera to take photographs of the damage done to your vehicle.
- Immediately contact a personal injury lawyer who specializes in car accident injury cases.
After a car or motorcycle accident, you need an expert on your side if you want to receive a full compensation for your injuries. You can trust the Law Offices of Charles J. Gale, PC to fight for the justice you deserve. Call us today to receive your free initial consultation and stop worrying about having to pay for our services. We don’t get paid unless you do!