Important Things to Know in Hit and Run Accidents:
If you are involved in a hit and run accident, and the other driver is unknown, you may still have a claim. This is known as an uninsured motorist claim. The claim is presented with your own insurance carrier. You will have to prove what happened and how the other driver was at fault. Most likely, your own insurance company will be your biggest adversary.
Important Things To Do in Hit and Run Accidents:
- Record the names and addresses of any and all witnesses. This step is crucial in helping prove that the other driver was at fault.
- Even though your insurance company may be who you are fighting, you must contact them and let them know you were involved in a hit and run accident. Be very careful that you do not give a statement of any kind, as they are a likely adversary in your case.
- Seek and receive medical treatment right away. Do not overlook any injury, no matter how insignificant it may seem at the time. It is important to have documentation in case the injury develops into something more severe.
- Take photographs of your vehicle after the hit and run accident.
- Contact the Law Offices of Charles J. Gale, PC immediately to represent you as your personal injury lawyer.
While hit and run accidents can be traumatic, thinking clearly is an important part of pursuing a successful claim against your insurance company. It is vital that you act quickly by calling the Law Offices of Charles J. Gale for a free consultation about your case. We can discuss the details and create a plan of action to move your case towards compensation. We can even visit you at home or in the hospital! With our legal advice you can rest assured that you are being taken care of.