Truck Accidents or Semi Accidents: Important Things to Know
Immediately after a truck accident or semi accident that involves your vehicle with a semi-trailer or trucks, both the trucking company and their insurance carrier will send investigators and adjusters onsite. They are there to try and collect evidence. The evidence they are looking for is evidence that will help defeat your claim. They are not there to help you.
If you are involved in a truck accident or semi accident, you need a professional that will collect evidence that will help you. This will require the skill of an attorney who is experienced in truck accident or semi accident cases.
For example, if you are involved in a truck accident or semi accident, you will want to know the destination of the driver. You will also want to know how long he has been driving. Many truck drivers are forced by their employers to meet unreasonable delivery schedules that can cause them to drive long hours. Long hours of driving causes fatigue. Sometimes it is this fatigue of the driver that causes the accident.
After the investigation of a truck accident or semi accident is complete, the insurance companies may deny your claim. Or, the insurance company may try to settle your claim for less than what it’s worth. Their idea of what’s fair is skewed and will often not meet the cost of your medical bills and lost earnings. With our help, you can be assured that your claim will receive professional treatment and that you will receive top dollar for your claim.
Truck Accidents or Semi Accidents: Important Things To Do
- Gather and write down the names and addresses of all witnesses.
- Contact your insurance company within 24 hours of the accident. It is important that you do not give them a statement while doing so; simply inform them of the facts. Your insurance company may become a potential defendant and they could use any statements against you.
- Seek immediate medical treatment. Make sure your doctor performs a complete physical and let him know of any pains, regardless of how severe or minor they seem. With time, you never know how these injuries might progress.
- Take pictures of all damage sustained to your car or motor vehicle
- Contact an experienced attorney immediately to begin discussing your case.
The Law Offices of Charles J. Gale, PC have represented individuals affected by truck accidents or semi accidents before. Our personal injury attorney has the determination and skills to help you get the most for your pain and suffering.
Call us today at (312) 372-0300 for a free initial consultation.